Lawns and gardens have been with people since long ago. People all over the world, especially almost no house can be found in America without a lawn or garden, whether it is tiny or enormous.
Keeping a lawn or garden in a residence keeps the mind cheerful and productive. Moreover, the plants reduce the CO2 from the air and keep the temperature of the surrounding areas cool. Moreover, numerous values they provide to a house.
Whatever it is, lawn or garden, they can’t be themselves without plants. And as for living organisms, plants require food for living and growing. How do they get food? Simple. Using water, nutrients, air, and sunlight, they prepare food for themselves.
So, nutrients are very crucial for plants. How will you provide them nutrients? Obviously by fertilizers. Here the question arises, ‘how should you fertilize them?’
For countable plants, you can use your hands or fertilizer spikes to feed them. But it is almost impossible to feed a lawn and medium to large size gardens. You need a machine that will feed the plants. And the machine is known as a fertilizer spreader.
Now the most important fact, which spreader you should purchase? In the market, you will see a sea of spreaders of various qualities and various prices. You need to choose the right and dependable and money-friendly spreader. If so, you have arrived at the right place. Here we will discuss the 5 best fertilizer spreaders which will fulfill your requirements. So, let’s dive into it.
The Top Choices at a Glance:
I have used all of the mentioned fertilizer spreaders and found the best value for money:
- BEST OVERALL: The Andersons Rotary Fertilizer Spreader
- RUNNER UP: HBC Rotary Hand Spreader for Lawn & Garden
- BEST WALK BEHIND: Pure Garden Rotary Spreader For Your Lawn
- BEST AMERICAN STANDARD: Jonathan Green New American Rotary Spreader
- BEST BROADCAST: Titan Attachments Broadcast Fertilizer Spreader
What Is The Rotary Fertilizer Spreader?
A rotary fertilizer spreader is a device that is capable of spreading fertilizers evenly on a selected area in an arc pattern. It consists of an impeller, hopper, body frame, and wheel assembly.
The impeller rotates as the machine is pushed forward. Fertilizer granules fall on the rotating impeller through the bottom holes of the hopper and the holes are controlled by the operator. As the granules fall on the rotating impeller, they are spread in a fan-like pattern but the side and back shields prevent side and back spread.
A hand-held rotary spreader is another type of rotary fertilizer spreader. It sprays fertilizer granules as the knob is rotated. The faster you rotate the knob, the farther it will spray the granules. The spray goes only forward.
Types Of Fertilizer Spreaders
Two types of spreaders are available in the market. One is rotary or broadcasting and the other is a drop spreader. Drop spreader drops fertilizers in a row at an even width which depends on the width of the hopper.
The type is handy for smaller lawns and very easy to operate. It is very handy at tight spots and almost doesn’t apply materials on driveways and walkways. Besides, a drop spreader can be used on windy days.
The broadcasting spreader spreads fertilizers in a radius depending on the movement speed and size of the hopper holes. It is of 2 types: walk-behind and handheld. A hand-held broadcast spreader is tiny and all set where walk-behind needs to be assembled.
The rotary spreaders are suitable for smaller to larger areas and greatly reduces the passes to cover an area. Moreover, a walk-behind spreader can accommodate many materials inside the hopper.
A rotary fertilizer spreader is quite tricky to assemble and operate but it is more interesting than a drop fertilizer spreader. A drop spreader requires more effort to maneuver than a rotary spreader. Moreover, a rotary spreader doesn’t accumulate fertilizer granules on a small region but the drop spreader does, for which it is safer to use a rotary spreader. A drop spreader is cheaper than a rotary spreader.
Choosing The Best Rotary Fertilizer Spreader
Fertilizing plants using a rotary fertilizer spreader has been used for years and nowadays it has become popular around the world. In America, almost everyone having a lawn uses a rotary spreader.
Thousands of rotary spreaders are available in the market and for various purposes. From the lowest to the highest price and from the lowest quality to the highest quality, all kinds of rotary spreaders you will find. That’s why it causes a problem to choose the right spreader.
In that case, you need to consider some facts, and depending on the facts, you should purchase one. Because not always a costly and high-quality product is not suitable for your purpose. So, let’s discuss the facts.
Price: the first thing that appears in your mind is the price of a rotary spreader. various spreaders have various price ranges. Some may appear at a very low price (within 30$) and some may at a very high price (more than 200$)
The cheapest spreaders will provide the lowest features where the costly spreaders will provide better features that you may not need at all. So, select the budget first and then consider other facts to select the right machine.
Area size: a walk behind rotary fertilizer spreader is designed to fertilize medium to large size areas. But it is not suitable for covering a smaller size area. A hand-held rotary fertilizer spreader is suitable for smaller areas. If your land is quite small, then you can check ‘HBC Rotary Hand Spreader for Lawn and Garden’. It is a hand-held type and works great.
Load bearing capacity: the higher the load-bearing capacity of the hopper will be, the easier it will be for you to spray fertilizers. Because, if the load-bearing capacity is very low, you will need to frequently reload the hopper which is very annoying and time-consuming.
But a higher load-bearing machine doesn’t require frequent loading and finishes the job quicker. But as the hopper becomes heavier, it becomes tougher to maneuver the spreader. That’s why you should not load the spreader with too much.
Our recommended spreader is ‘Titan Attachments Broadcast Spreader’ because it can bear the optimum lb. of material for which it doesn’t get stuck while operating.
Build quality: you don’t like to invest money on something which can’t survive at least 5 applications right? You should check the material quality of the spreader you want to use.
If you want your spreader to last long, go for ‘Pure Garden 50-LG1081 Lawn and Garden Spreader’ or ‘Titan Attachments Broadcast Spreader’. These 2 are made from heavy-duty plastic and the body frame is protected from rust and other corrosive materials. Though they cost a bit more, they can be used years after years.
Quick application or instant application: the faster you can use the machine, the better it will be for you. The higher quality spreaders require assembling and disassembling which is very time-consuming and you will get annoyed doing this stuff.
If you don’t like investing time behind assembling, you can select ‘Pure Garden 50-LG1081 Lawn and Garden Spreader’ or ‘Jonathan Green 10937 New American Lawn Rotary Spreader’. The latter one is assembled within a minute (though the features of it may not be decent). But if you want a decent and quick application, go for the previous one. It will provide better features. Besides, the ‘U’ shaped handle makes it capable of being held on a wall.
Wheelbase width: it is the distance between 2 wheels. The more the distance will be, the fewer passes the spreader will take to cover an area. A smaller axle length requires more passes than a bigger axle length.
5 Best Rotary Fertilizer Spreader Reviews In 2021
Here I am going to review the 5 best rotary fertilizer spreaders that are currently available in the market and overall better than any other you find.
1. The Andersons Rotary Fertilizer/Ice Melt Spreader
The Andersons, Inc is an American agribusiness that was established in 1947. The firm deals with various business groups: grain, ethanol, plant nutrients, retail, turf and specialty, and rail. Products of the multi-purpose company are widely used in many well-developed states of America and they are highly praised by the customers.
A fertilizer spreader or commonly known as a rotary spreader is an important turf management tool. As The Andersons company manufactures turf management products, it has manufactured such a spreader known as ‘The Andersons LCO-1000 Rotary Fertilizer/Ice Melt Spreader’. The spreader is a professional’s choice. The extra load capacity, extra-wide wheelbase, quick gear opening feature, and other high-quality features have made the spreader one of the best rotary spreaders for multi-purpose applications.
Assembly and Use
How to assemble:
You will need a pair of pliers, a 7/16 wrench (open-end or adjustable), and a grease gun (electric or manual) for the perfect assembly of the spreader. Once you have all of these, follow the steps:
- Turn the spreader hopper upside-down. Put the wheels on the axle with the shorter portion of the hubs facing outward. Attach the driving wheel ‘A’ or the right-side wheel to the axle using the 3/16” cotter pin. Set the idler wheel ‘B’ or the left side wheel to the axle and insert the 1/8” cotter pin through the axle and tighten it.
- Secure the brace with the frame using carrier bolts, lock washers, and nuts.
- Place the spreader on wheels. Insert the screen into the hopper. Set the upper handle assembly to the handle brace with the handle lever. Secure them using carriage bolts, lock washers, and nuts. Lubricate the jerk fittings using the grease gun located on the axle.
- Attach the control tube to the handle lever with a 1/4 dia. clevis pin and a 3/32” dia. cotter pin. Remove the paper tube on the end of the lower control rod and slip the opposite end of the control tube, keeping the pivot lever between the lower rod and the control tube. Secure them with the hitch pin cotter. Before you run the machine on the field, make sure to check the assembly again and move it several times to fully ensure all parts are working well.
How to use:
- The rate-setting is adjusted by loosening the rate control knob and sliding the rate control plate. Adjust it until you get the desired setting.
- Before filling the hopper, pull the main shutoff lever backward to close the spreader ports.
- Move the spreader forward before opening the ports and close them before you halt.
- Keep the hopper leveled otherwise tipping forward or backward will cause uneven distribution.
- Maintain your normal walking speed (3 mph on average).
- Test rate and application pattern on a small area to determine the exact application rate on the field.
- The hopper comes with a cover. Cover the hopper with the cover to protect materials from adverse weather conditions.
- The frame is stainless steel and durable.
- 80 lb hopper capacity with a hopper cover.
- Capable of spreading fertilizer, ice melt, herbicide, pesticide, and seeds.
- The wheelbase is wider than most spreaders, allowing more stability.
- The wider wheelbase reduces the number of paces required to cover an area.
- Quick-open gear housing requires no aid of any tool.
- No special tool is required for assembling.
- 4 grease zerk fittings have made it easier to lubricate the machine.
- Provides a 1-year guarantee.
- Installation is quite tricky.
- Ring and pinion gears are made of plastic.
- Spreader pores can’t be shut off without holding the shutoff lever backward.
2. HBC Rotary Hand Spreader for Lawn and Garden
Pushing spreaders are highly effective for fertilizing medium to large size lands. But for smaller lands, in most cases, it is very annoying to spray fertilizers and seeds. Moreover, most such spreaders need to be assembled which is both time-consuming and tricky.
So, the solution for this problem is a hand spreader. The tiny machine is capable of performing the task within a moment. But a problem arises in the case of choosing a hand spreader because thousands of hand spreaders are available in the market.
So, you need to select the right one for your job. If you don’t want to research them but want a fully compatible hand spreader, then ‘HBC Rotary Hand Spreader for Lawn and Garden’ should be your choice. The bigger holding capacity, ease of operation, and other special features have made the hand spreader one of the best hand spreaders for spreading fertilizer and seed products.
How to use:
- Pour the material you want to apply into the hopper (not exceed 3.5 L).
- Hold the handle firmly and rest the end finger onto the groove.
- Start walking at normal speed and rotate the lever clockwise.
- When finished, stop rotation before you stop.
- Very easy to operate.
- Compact in size but holds up to 3.5 L of material.
- Capable of covering 1000 sq ft.
- Heavy-duty plastic material makes the spreader long-lasting for years.
- Also capable of spraying salts and ice melts.
- Product cost is quite high.
- Contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects, and other reproductive harms.
- Sometimes it may be jammed.
- Capable of spreading salts and ice melts but the performance is very low.
3. Pure Garden Rotary Spreader For Your Lawn
Pure Garden® is an outdoor decorative product manufacturing company that is a subsidiary of Trademark Global, LLC, a delivery platform via the e-Commerce channels. Pure Garden® is dedicated to serving its customers with its high-quality products at a reasonable price. Garden tools, patio umbrellas, fire pits, solar lights, and everything required to create an outdoor oasis are manufactured by it.
A fertilizer spreader is a garden/lawn management tool that is very important to maintain the aesthetic look of a garden/lawn. As Pure Garden® manufactures garden management tools, ‘Pure Garden 50-LG1081 Lawn and Garden Spreader’ is a fertilizer spreading tool. Apart from fertilizers, you can apply ice melt, seeds, and even compost materials. It also provides premium-grade features, for which the spreader is one of the best lawn and garden spreaders.
Assembly and Use
How to assemble:
You need a 10 mm wrench and a flat head screwdriver.
- Turn the hopper upside down. Set the hopper supports with the hopper and insert screws into the ports. Do not tighten them. Insert the gear mechanism into the bottom of the hopper. Slide the 2 ends of the axle into the hopper support ports. Then tighten the screws with the screwdriver.
- Slide the ‘bushings’ into the axle ends forcefully and push into the hopper support ports. Insert the spacers next to the ‘bushings’. They will keep the wheel far from supports. Slide the wheels and secure them with cotton pins inserting into the cotton pin pores. Bend the pins so that they don’t come out eventually and keep the wheels where they are.
- Turn the hopper and make it stand on the wheels. Tighten the nuts with the wrench.
- Turn the hopper so that the back of the hopper supports face towards up. Align the pores of the stand with the pores of the hopper supports (4 pores of the stand and 4 pores of the hopper supports). Insert 4 bolts into the pores and tighten with washers and nuts (do not tighten before you have inserted 4 bolts into the pores).
- Align the pores of the handle at the bottom with the pores of the stand at the top. Insert 2 bolts into the 4 aligned pores (2 of the handle and 2 of the stand) and secure with washers and nuts.
- Remove the bolt and washer from the adjusting mechanism and insert the thread of the mechanism into the top pore of the handle. Insert the washer and nut from the other end and tighten.
You can set the handle, stand, and adjusting mechanism before attaching them with hopper supports.
How to use:
- The flow rate can be adjusted by pushing the lever forward or backward.
- Push the lever forward to the stop to close the opening of the fork plate.
- Fill the hopper with some of the material you want to apply.
- Move the spreader forward before opening the fork plate opening.
- Adjust the lever to determine the exact flow radius and maintain a normal walking speed.
- Close the fork plate openings before you stop.
- Calculate how much material you need for your lawn or garden.
- Fill the amount (must be less than 66 lb) into the hopper and spread over the desired area.
- Very easy to adjust the flow rate, don’t automatically open the fork plate openings.
- Large and pneumatic wheels perform well on all terrains and gardens and can be stopped on any ground.
- The metal frame is rust-resistant and doesn’t react with chemical fertilizers, improving the lifetime.
- The plastic-made hopper is light and durable. Can hold up to 66 lb material.
- The looped handle allows it to be hung on a wall, so, no need for disassembling after usage.
- Product cost is quite high.
- No back spray guard is present.
- Load capacity is lower than other branded spreaders.
4. Jonathan Green New American Lawn Rotary Spreader
Jonathan Green is an American lawn and garden-related products manufacturing and distributing company. The company has been serving for more than 130 years and is highly praised by its customers around the whole of America. The high quality and durable products of the company have made it trustworthy.
As Jonathan Green manufactures lawn and garden-related products, it has developed a typical lawn spreader known as ‘Jonathan Green 10937 New American Lawn Rotary Spreader’. The build quality, compact size, and user-friendly features have made the spreader unique. Besides it provides such premium-grade features for which the spreader is one of the best lawn rotary spreaders available in independent garden centers and hardware stores.
Assembly and use
How to assemble:
- Remove protective papers from the spreader assembly and the handle carefully.
- Remove any pre-installed parts from the spreader handle
- Position the spreader assembly on its wheels.
- With caution hold the handle with your arms (the direction of the two arms of the handle will be downward) and align with the pores of the spreader. Insert the carriage bolts into the aligned pores and attach nuts. Put the protective caps on the exposed threads of the bolts. As most of the parts of the spreader are pre-assembled, you need to be cautious and don’t rush while unpacking otherwise the controlling wire may get damaged.
How to use:
- Rotate the adjusting knob to get the desired setting (the numbers shown in the gauge window).
- Fill the hopper with some of the material you want to apply on your lawn.
- Push the hopper and keep a normal walking speed. Then pull the control lever back to spray the material.
- When finished, leave the lever while pushing the spreader forward.
- Calculate how much of the material will be required to cover the area and fill that into the hopper (not exceed the hopper capacity).
Do not move the spreader backward. It is recommended not to operate during windy days as the wind may drift away from the material.
- The whole machine can be assembled within a minute, making it highly useful in sudden conditions.
- Powder-coated steel tubes are protected from rust and other chemical reactions.
- The Container capacity is 100 lb.
- Large 12 inches pneumatic wheels are present for easy maneuvering.
- Finger-tip control for easy spray pattern control.
- The hopper screen prevents irregular granules from blocking the hopper holes.
- The spray pattern is up to 10 feet.
- No back spray blocking to prevent back spray.
- The impeller is prone to be stopped frequently.
- Overweighting may completely strip the gears.
- Product cost is very high.
5. Titan Attachments Broadcast Fertilizer Spreader
Titan Attachments is one of the biggest American manufacturers and dealers of trailers, tractors, and tractor attachment equipment. The products of the company are highly evaluated around the world apart from America. High quality, unique and features provided by the products have satisfied those who have used them.
The Titan Attachments has manufactured an interesting spreader ‘Titan Attachments Broadcast Spreader’ as it manufactures trailers. The compact design, easy to use, and other high-quality features are liable for making the spreader one of the best rotary fertilizer spreaders and are worth the price.
Assembly and use
How to Assemble:
- Turn the hopper upside down and join the ‘U’ shaped frame to the hopper using screws.
- Insert the impeller onto the spindle of the gearbox assembly. Secure it with a screw and tighten it.
- Align the holes of the wheel assembly frame with the holes of the hopper frame assembly. Secure them with lock nuts, washers, and bolts but do not tighten the bolts and nuts.
- Attach the ends of both frame braces to the outside of the hopper assembly and secure them with bolts and nuts.
- Insert a bolt into the right-hand wheel assembly through the first hole above the wheel axle. Push a bolt into the end of the cross brace through the frame brace. Repeat the process for the left side. Secure them using nuts and washers but don’t tighten them.
- Insert an inner axle bushing onto the right side of the axle and push the bushing into the outer axle bushing until it is tightened. Attach a wheel to the right side of the axle by using a bolt and a fastening lock nut. Attach an Axle End Cap with the aid of rubber or wooden mallet.
- Slip another Inner Axle Bushing onto the left side of the axle and push it into the outer axle bushing until it is tightened. Insert another wheel onto the axle. Attach 2 nylon washers to the 2 sides of the wheel and then insert a flat washer. Attach the axle end cap with the end of the axle by tapping with a mallet.
- Position the handle shaft between the top ends of the wheel assembly frames and pass 2 bolts through the wheel assembly frames and handle shaft. Insert the Pivot and Bracket Assembly onto the protruding bolt ends. Secure them with locknuts (Pivot and Bracket Assembly should be on the right side of the handle when standing behind the spreader).
- Pass bolts through the Upper Left Handle, Handle Spacer, and the Upper Right Handle. Attach washers and slide the Gauge and Lever Assembly onto the bolts. Secure with lock nuts and tighten them.
- Set the Adjustable Handle to the lowest position. Insert the upper end of the Control Rod into the end hole of the Adjustable Handle. Unscrew the lower nut of the bottom end of the Control Rod and insert the Rod into the Pivot and Bracket Assembly. Screw the nut into the previous place.
- Align the 3 holes of the adjustable plate with the 3 bottom holes of the hopper. Then slide the threaded end of the Adjustable Connecting Rod into the adjustable or Shut-Off Plate and secure with flat washers and locknuts.
- Insert the R-pin into the hole at the top of the spindle inside the hopper and put the screen into the hopper.
How to use:
- Pull the lever to the highest to fully shut the opening of the hopper off.
- Pour some of the material into the hopper you want to apply on the field.
- Move the spreader on a paved location forward and keep a normal walking speed.
- While walking, push the lever down to start spreading.
- Adjust the wing nut to control the flow of material passing through the spreader.
- When you have gotten the required setting, pull the lever utmost to stop spraying before you make a halt.
- Calculate the amount of material required to cover the field and fill the amount into the hopper (not exceed over 50 lb.) and work in the field.
- Capable of spreading seeds, fertilizers, salts, and other granular materials.
- Load capacity is up to 50 lb.
- Made from high-quality plastic and steel, ensuring higher durability than most other spreaders.
- The axle and wheels are made from high-quality material and don’t get damaged over time.
- Capable of performing its operation in all kinds of terrains.
- Very easy to maneuver.
- The rain cover protects the inner material from rain.
- Product cost is very high.
- Assembling is very tricky and time-consuming.
- No back spread protection to prevent back spray.
How To Use The Rotary Fertilizer Spreader
Fertilizing with a rotary spreader is fun if you know the proper method. But if you don’t know, then it is quite tricky and it causes some problems at fertilizing. Here we will discuss the common ways of using a rotary fertilizer spreader.
For walk-behinds rotary fertilizer spreader:
- First, assemble the machine by which you want to feed your lawns or turfs or other plants (different branded spreaders have different assembling methods). Check whether the nuts and bolts and screws are properly tightened.
- Most spreaders have 2 parts in the controlling gauge: a lever and a knob. The lever is for opening and closing the bottom holes of the hopper through which fertilizer granules fall on the rotating impeller. The lever is held to open the holes and left to shut the holes off.
The knob controls the size of the bottom holes of the hopper. It is adjusted for different spray lengths and different granule sizes. The knob adjustment for smaller granules is different from that for bigger granules.
- It is better to perform a test run to precisely determine the setting of the spreader. To do so, fill the hopper with some of the fertilizer and check what setting is perfect for you and how much will be required to cover the area. The test should be done in a paved location.
- Fill the hopper with the determined amount of fertilizer (the amount should not exceed the hopper capacity). Push the spreader forward and then pull the lever backward for spraying (pulling the lever before walking will cause fertilizer granules to fall on a spot at a large amount).
Whenever you reach the end of a strip, leave the lever to stop spreading. As you have calculated the spread length of the machine from its center point, it is recommended to start on a new strip 2 times further than the spread length from the previous strip. It will minimize falling too much fertilizer on the same spot.
- If some fertilizer granules are left on the hopper after you have finished feeding your area, accumulate them and put them on the fertilizer bag.
- Wash and lubricate the spreader and store it in a safe place. It is also advised to disassemble the spreader if possible.
For hand-held spreader:
No assembling is required. Just fill the hopper with the fertilizer (not exceed the hopper capacity), hold the handle with one hand, and rotate the impeller clockwise with another hand to start spreading. Keep a normal walking speed.
When finished, wash the spreader and store it. If the impeller is jammed, plunge the spreader into warm water for about 20 minutes and you are good to go.
Do not move the spreader backward or rotate the impeller backward. It is recommended not to operate during windy days as the wind may drift the materials from the desired spot.
Frequently Asked Question
- Which is the best commercial fertilizer spreader to buy?
Answer: the best commercial fertilizer spreader to purchase the ‘Scotts Elite Spreader’. As the name denotes elite, the spreader has the elite quality for commercial purpose and that’s why it is the best commercial spreader. However, other high grade commercial spreaders are also good.
- How do you clean a fertilizer spreader?
Answer: first move the spreader to a paved location. Then with a garden hose, spray water over the spreader. clean the inside of the hopper and try to avoid wheel areas. Next wash with a rag and soap water. Sweep all parts with rug and soap water. Especially wash the inside of the hopper and the impeller. Once you are done, clean with fresh water and keep the spreader in sunlight for about 10-20 minutes. Your spreader will look new.
- How do you spread fertilizer without a spreader?
Answer: if you don’t have or don’t want to use a spreader, you can simply spread fertilizer using your hand. In this case, you must wear gloves otherwise your hand may get damaged. It is advised to wear other protective equipment. Pour the fertilizer in a bowl or container (keep the weight low as you are going to hold it) and take a handful of fertilizer granules. Then spread them and carefully walk backward.
- How big are the wheels on a fertilizer spreader?
Answer: if the wheels are pneumatic, then they are larger than non-pneumatic wheels or plastic wheels. Normally, pneumatic wheels range from 8-12 inches and plastic wheels range from 7-9 inches.
- What’s the best way to spread fertilizer in a garden?
Answer: water your garden a few days before you feed with fertilizer. If your garden is small in size, grab a good-quality hand-held spreader and fill the hopper with fertilizer. Spread fertilizer granules and store the remaining (if remains) fertilizer. If the garden is medium to large, grab a good quality walk-behind spreader and use it as mentioned above.
- How does a broadcast fertilizer spreader work
Answer: the impeller is attached to the gear assembly via a spindle. As the spreader is moved forward, the gear assembly is powered and powers the impeller. Fertilizer granules fall on the rotating impeller and the impeller distributes them in a fan-like pattern in all directions. In some cases, the backward and the right side is guarded, the fertilizer granules just go forward.
- What is the best Fertilizer spreader?
Answer: different fertilizer spreaders are best at their purposes. For example, if you want the best spreader for instant application, then nothing can beat ‘Jonathan Green 10937 New American Lawn Rotary Spreader’. If you want a durable spreader, ‘Titan Attachments Broadcast Spreader’ is the best. But overall, the ‘Titan Attachments Broadcast Spreader’ is a bit better than other spreaders.
- Which is better: a drop spreader or rotary spreader?
Answer: it is better to go for a rotary spreader. Though in some cases a drop spreader is better than a rotary spreader, the cases are less effective. A rotary spreader spreads further and requires less effort to operate where a drop spreader spreads just below the hopper and requires more effort to operate.
- Is ‘Scotts EdgeGuard’ a rotary or drop spreader?
Answer: obviously ‘Scotts EdgeGuard’ is a rotary spreader. The edge guard is for preventing side-wise spray of fertilizer granules which is handy for tight turns and is adjustable with a dial.
- Are Scotts spreaders any good?
Answer: yes, Scotts spreaders are decent if you want to make choices. They are highly effective for small to medium size gardens. Moreover, their build quality provided them better product durability.
Most importantly, we want to thank you for being with us till the end. We hope that you have selected any spreader from our list or probably you are using it. We also hope that our guide and technique have helped you even at least. We like discussing spreaders and spreader-related facts with people like you. So, if you have anything to ask, don’t hesitate and just type in. We will try our best to respond to you as early as possible. Again, we want to thank you for being with us. And hopefully, we will meet again. Till then, be safe and keep your family safe. Happy gardening.